Tuesday, November 15, 2011

...And the Ugly

The sexual abuse allegations against former Penn State coach Sandusky are horrific. Sandusky has now come out to deny the allegations, although there are eyewitnesses, including another assistant coach who is reported to have seen Sandusky raping a young boy in the University's locker room showers.

I don't know if we will ever know the truth. Raping children is horrible and we must keep predators away from children. On the other hand, our society has become so paranoid about child abuse that I'm afraid to even look at a child in public. I don't know how a man can even consider a career or volunteer position that puts him in contact with children.

I was "abused" as a child by an relative who would feel me up on occasion. It didn't do any real harm to me but I can't imagine the damage if it had gone much beyond that.

The whole subject makes me very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment